2-Ingredient Chocolate Cake
featured in 5 Easy 2-Ingredient Recipes
You won't believe how easy and delicious this cake is! Made with just chocolate and eggs, it's a chocolate lover's dream.
May 04, 2023
89% would make again
for 8 servings
- 9 oz semisweet chocolate chips (255 g)
- 4 large eggs
- powdered sugar, for serving
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- seasonal fruit, for serving
- Calories 212
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 17g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (170°C). Grease a round cake pan and line with parchment paper.
- Add the chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl and melt completely, about 1 minute.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. With an electric hand mixer, whisk the whites until soft peaks form.
- Add the egg yolks, one at a time, the bowl of melted chocolate and stir to combine.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold ⅓ of the whipped egg whites at a time into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top. Bake the cake for 30 minutes.
- Once the cake is cool to the touch, gently invert it onto a serving plate. Slice and dust with powdered sugar and/or serve with ice cream and fruit, if desired.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.