Fluffy Unicorn 'Box' Cake
This fluffy unicorn cake is a magical and colorful dessert that is sure to impress your guests. The light and fluffy cake is shaped like a unicorn (including the horn!), making this a perfect dessert for any celebration.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 8 servings
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- ½ cup water, plus more according to packaging instructions
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 4 drops purple food coloring
- 4 drops pink food coloring
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- ¾ cup powdered sugar (180 g)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 drops blue food coloring
- multicolor sprinkle, for decorating
- Calories 375
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 77g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 59g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven according to the package instructions. Line a 9-inch round cake pan with parchment paper and grease well.
- Pour the cake mix into a large bowl and add water. Mix well.
- Divide the cake batter evenly between three bowls and add a different food coloring to each one, mixing well.
- Pour the batters into the prepared cake pan. Bake according to the package instructions, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool, then invert the cake onto a serving plate, removing the parchment paper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add ½ cup water, the marshmallows, powdered sugar, butter, and blue food coloring. Stir, and cook until the marshmallows melt completely and the color is even.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cake, top with multi-colored sprinkles, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Slice and serve.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.