Breakfast Biscuit Fries
These breakfast biscuit fries are a creative and delicious twist on a classic breakfast! The crispy exterior and fluffy biscuit interior make for a satisfying meal.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 3 servings
- 3 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- 1 cup chicken stock (240 mL)
- 1 can pre-made biscuit dough
- 4 links breakfast sausage, cooked
- ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese (35 g)
- 3 eggs, cooked to your preference
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup bacon gravy (240 g), for serving
- Calories 1492
- Fat 79g
- Carbs 139g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 16g
- Protein 51g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Fry bacon until browned and crispy, render out as much fat as possible. Remove the crispy bacon and set aside for later use. Keep the bacon fat which will be used to make the gravy.
- Make the bacon gravy in the same pan that you fried the bacon. Add flour to the pan and stir until flour forms thick paste. Cook for about a minute without burning the flour.
- Slowly stir in the chicken stock. Keep stirring until you have a smooth consistency. Simmer until the sauce thickens. Keep warm and set aside.
- Flatten biscuit dough and cut into strips. Deep fry (oil at 350°F (175°C)) until brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels, and place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining biscuit dough.
- Layer the fried biscuit dough on the baking sheet. Sprinkle the cooked breakfast sausage, fried bacon, shredded cheddar and top with eggs. Pepper to taste.
- Broil for 5 - 10 minutes or until the shredded cheddar has melted.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle on the chopped chives and drizzle on the bacon gravy.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.