Brownie Batter Pancakes
The next time you’re in the mood for pancakes, give them a chocolate twist! We use boxed brownie mix as the base and add a few other ingredients to create light, fluffy, and decadent pancakes that will satisfy any chocolate lover.
for 4 servings
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour (185 g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (55 g), melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
For Serving (Optional)
- chocolate syrup
- strawberry, sliced
- whipped cream
- Calories 883
- Fat 36g
- Carbs 123g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 71g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brownie mix, flour, and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, melted butter, and egg yolks.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Add the egg whites and whisk until just combined, but do not overmix.
- Let the batter sit for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-low heat. Add about ¼ cup of batter to the pan. Cook the pancake for 3–4 minutes, until bubbles start to appear on the surface. Flip the pancake and cook for another 2–3 minutes, until cooked through. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Stack the pancakes on a plate and top with chocolate syrup, strawberries, and whipped cream.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.