87% would make again
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes With Chloe Coscarelli
featured in 7 Fall Cinnamon Breakfasts
December 11, 2019
for 2 pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup almond milk (240 mL)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons vegan margarine, or refined coconut oil, at room temperature
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- vegetable oil, for greasing
- 2 cups confectioners sugar (240 g)
- ¼ cup water (60 mL)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the almond milk and maple syrup.
- Add the wet ingredient to the dry and whisk to combine. Do not overmix.
- In a small bowl, mix together the margarine, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Transfer to a pastry bag or plastic zip-top bag and snip off one corner.
- Lightly grease a large nonstick skillet or griddle and heat over medium heat. When the pan shimmers, measure out ¼ cup (35 g) of the batter (or eyeball it) and pour it onto the skillet. Pipe a circular swirl of the cinnamon mixture into the batter. Repeat to fill the skillet.
- When small bubbles appear in the center of the pancakes, after about 4 minutes, flip.
- Cook on the other side for about 1 minute more, until lightly browned and cooked through. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more oil to the skillet between batches as needed.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar and water and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the pancakes with the glaze and serve.