88% would make again
featured in 12 Tasty Bombs
Inspired by cafedelites.com
for 10 brownies
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour (220 g)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup oil (80 mL)
- ¼ cup butter (55 g), melted
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (150 g)
- ½ cup cocoa powder (60 g)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 milk chocolate truffles
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, for dusting
- Calories 291
- Fat 16g
- Carbs 31g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 17g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, melted butter, sugar, and cocoa powder and whisk.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until the ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture, and mix thoroughly with a spatula.
- Roll the dough into 2-inch (5-cm) balls. Press a truffle into each dough ball and wrap the dough around so the truffle is not exposed. Place onto a parchment paper covered baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the dough is slightly firm to the touch.
- Dust with powdered sugar. Can be stored in an airtight container up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave for 20 seconds before eating.