96% would make again
Crispy Rice Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
featured in 31 Cookie Recipes
June 10, 2019
for 24 cookies
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour (155 g)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar (110 g), packed
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups crispy rice cereal (40 g)
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (90 g)
- ½ cup butterscotch chips (90 g)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oat (100 g)
- ½ teaspoon flakey sea salt, for sprinkling
- Calories 173
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 22g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla, then whisk until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, using a rubber spatula to incorporate. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the rice cereal, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and oats.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Scoop 1-tablespoon-sized balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if desired.