94% would make again
Cranberry Almond Cookies
featured in 7 Nutty Desserts To Die For
June 10, 2019
for 13 cookies
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 6 tablespoons water
- ½ cup coconut oil (120 g), melted
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- ¼ cup brown sugar (55 g)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (190 g)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup rolled oats (40 g)
- ¾ cup dried cranberries (95 g), or use fresh cranberries for more tartness
- ½ cup sliced almonds (35 g)
- Calories 216
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 26g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the flax eggs, mix together the flax meal and water in a small bowl. Let sit for at least 10 minutes to set.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, flax eggs, and almond extract until well-combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda, and stir with a spatula until combined.
- Fold in the oats, cranberries, and sliced almonds until incorporated.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the cookies onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until lightly golden around the edges.