95% would make again
for 4 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 g)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk (480 mL)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon unsalted butter, plus more to serve
- maple syrup, to serve
- Calories 449
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 64g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 15g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda, and whisk to combine.
- In a bowl or measuring cup, whisk the buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter until smooth.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients, gently incorporating with a spatula. Make sure not to overmix, as that will result in dense pancakes.
- Add the butter to a pan over medium low heat. Once the butter begins to bubble, add ⅓ cup (80 ml) of batter to the pan.
- Cook until the top side begins to bubble and the bottom is golden brown. Flip the pancake and cook until the underside is golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.