Caramelized Banana Peanut Butter Cheesecake
This decadent cheesecake combines creamy peanut butter filling with caramelized bananas and a graham cracker crust. It's a perfect dessert for peanut butter lovers and banana bread enthusiasts alike.
for 8 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 10 graham crackers
- 24 oz cream cheese (675 g), softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar (160 g)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (240 g), softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 banana, sliced thin
- ¾ cup brown sugar (165 g)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup half & half (120 mL)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Calories 792
- Fat 61g
- Carbs 52g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 39g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place graham crackers into a plastic bag and crush them into fine crumbs with a rolling pin.
- Pour the graham cracker crumbs into a bowl and combine with melted butter, mixing until the texture is like slightly wet sand.
- Press the graham cracker crumbs in an even layer into the bottom of a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan. Refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, combine softened cream cheese, vanilla, powdered sugar, and peanut butter until well mixed.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the springform pan and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine butter, brown sugar, half & half, and cinnamon. Stir until mixture darkens and sugar dissolves into the mixture.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add the bananas to the saucepan and sauté in the sauce for 1-2 minutes on each side. Take off heat and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Decorate the top of the cheesecake with banana slices and pour over remaining caramel sauce. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice and garnish with chocolate or caramel syrup.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.