88% would make again
Cheddar Corn Fritters
featured in Corny Recipes
for 12 servings
- 1 ½ cups flour (190 g)
- 2 cups corn (350 g), or one 15 oz (425 g) can
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (50 g)
- ⅓ cup fresh chives (15 g), chopped
- ½ cup milk (120 mL)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ cup oil (120 mL), for frying
- Calories 188
- Fat 12g
- Carbs 15g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl add the ingredients.
- Mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat a half cup of oil (or until entire skillet is covered with a thin layer) over medium-high heat.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of mixture to form each fritter into the hot oil.
- Flip after about a minute and a half or when you can see the edges beginning to brown. Repeat for other side.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and chives.