99% would make again
Cheesy Meatball Bake
featured in 5 Amazing Meatball Recipes
for 20 meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 1 lb hot italian sausage (455 g)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh parsley (10 g), chopped
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (55 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup italian bread crumbs (115 g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 24 oz marinara sauce (680 mL)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (200 g)
- Calories 238
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 10g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, Italian sausage, garlic, parsley, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, eggs, and milk. Mix until everything is fully infused together.
- Roll into 4-5 ounce (113-142 g) meatballs. For even amounts, use a medium-sized ice cream scooper.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a pan, and brown the meatballs on both sides for about 2-3 minutes or until you create a nice crispy sear. Cook about half way through. They will finish cooking in the oven.
- In a casserole dish, spread a few tablespoons of marinara sauce to the bottom of the pan to help prevent sticking. Then place meatballs in the casserole dish and add the remaining jar of marinara sauce. Top with 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover in foil and bake at 425°F (220°C) for 25 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted and the meatballs are fully cooked.
- Serve and garnish with parsley.