93% would make again
Cheesy Potato Pancakes
featured in 10 Crunchy And Delicious Potato Snacks
for 8 servings
- 2 lb yukon gold potato (905 g), peeled
- ½ yellow onion
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (55 g), grated
- ½ cup monterey jack cheese (55 g), grated
- ⅓ cup breadcrumb meal (30 g)
- ¼ cup olive oil (78 mL), for frying
- 1 sour cream, to serve
- 1 green onion, chopped, to serve
- Calories 372
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 33g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 12g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Using a box grater, shred the potatoes into a towel in a bowl and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Set aside and grate the onion.
- Add the grated potatoes and grated onion onion to a large bowl. Add in the eggs, garlic, cornstarch, salt, pepper, cheddar cheese, monterey jack, and breadcrumbs and mix until combined.
- Take ½ cup of the potato mixture and form into a thin patty, about ⅓-inch thick.
- Heat cooking oil over medium-high heat and place potato patty into the skillet. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy on the outside. Repeat with remaining patties.
- Serve with sour cream and green onions on top, and enjoy!