93% would make again
Zucchini Carrot Fritters
featured in 7 Healthy Recipes For Guilt-Free Snacking
for 8 fritters
- 1 cup chickpeas (200 g)
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup whole wheat panko (10 g)
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- olive oil
- plain greek yogurt
- green onion, diced
- Calories 100
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 9g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Mash chickpeas with a fork in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Grate zucchini. Place in a clean dish towel or cloth.
- Grate carrots. Place in a clean dish towel or cloth with zucchini.
- Squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Add veggies, panko, egg, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the mashed chickpeas.
- Stir until completely combined.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of mixture into your hand press to compress it into a patty.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes, until the underside is golden brown then flip and repeat.
- Serve with a dollop of plain greek yogurt and diced green onion.