Cauliflower Grilled Cheese
Indulge in the warm, gooey embrace of a cauliflower grilled cheese that's equal parts comforting and guilt-free. This clever concoction proves that sometimes, thinking outside the bread box can lead to delicious results.
for 2 servings
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetarian parmesan cheese (55 g), grated
- ¼ cup fresh basil (10 g), chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- cheese, of your choice
- additional topping, of your choice
- Calories 352
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 12g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Grate a cauliflower over a large bowl.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the grated cauliflower and mix evenly. Leave to sit for 20 minutes.
- Pour the cauliflower into a clean kitchen towel and wring the water out.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, and remaining ingredients, (except your cheese and toppings) stir until well mixed.
- Using a spoon transfer two hearty scoops of mixture to form each “bread slice” onto a skillet on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, each side.
- Add your cheese and any other toppings, allow a couple minutes for cheese to melt.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.