93% would make again
Healthy Zucchini Tots
featured in Veggie Tots 4 Ways
A tasty and healthy alternative to traditional tater tots, these tots are made with grated zucchini, cheese, and breadcrumbs. They're baked until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
May 15, 2023
for 3 servings
- 2 large zucchinis
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs (25 g)
- ¼ cup green onion (40 g), thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- Calories 116
- Fat 2g
- Carbs 18g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Grate the zucchini with a coarse cheese grater.
- Transfer the grated bits to a medium bowl and season with a ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Mix the zucchini until well incorporated.
- Let the zucchini sit for 20 minutes until the salt has drawn out some of the moisture.
- Pour the zucchini into a kitchen towel and twist to strain as much liquid as you can.
- Place the grated zucchini back into a bowl and mix with the breadcrumbs, green onions, garlic, onion powder, remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt, pepper, and egg, and mix until well combined.
- From the mixture into 15 even sized tots and transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes, flipping each halfway through.
- Serve with your choice of dipping sauce.