79% would make again
Healthy Cauliflower Parmesan Tots
featured in Veggie Tots 4 Ways
These crispy tots are made with grated cauliflower and parmesan cheese, and baked to perfection. They're a tasty and healthy side dish or snack.
May 15, 2023
for 3 servings
- 1 large head cauliflower, grated
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs (20 g)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (8 g), minced
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (55 g)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- Calories 189
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 20g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Grate the cauliflower with a coarse cheese grater.
- Transfer the grated bits to a medium bowl and season with a ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Mix the cauliflower until well incorporated.
- Let the cauliflower sit for 20 minutes until the salt has drawn out some of the moisture.
- Pour the cauliflower into a kitchen towel and twist to strain as much liquid as you can.
- Place the grated cauliflower back into a bowl and mix with the breadcrumbs, parsley, parmesan, garlic, remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt, pepper, and egg, and mix until well combined.
- From the mixutre into 15 even sized tots and transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes, flipping each halfway through.
- Serve with your choice of dipping sauce.