90% would make again
Mixed Vegetable Tots
June 10, 2019
for 20 tots
- 1 zucchini
- 1 sweet potato, peeled
- ½ head broccoli
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese (35 g)
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs (15 g)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg
- Calories 39
- Fat 1g
- Carbs 5g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- On a cutting board, grate the zucchini, sweet potato, carrot, and broccoli with a coarse cheese grater.
- Transfer the grated vegetables to a medium bowl and season with ½ teaspoon of salt. Mix until well incorporated.
- Let the vegetables sit for 20 minutes until the salt has drawn out some of the moisture.
- Transfer the grated veggies into a kitchen towel and twist to strain as much liquid as you can.
- Place the grated veggies back into a bowl and mix with the Parmesan, panko, pepper, remaining salt, onion powder, garlic powder, olive oil, and egg. Mix until well combined.
- Form the mixture into 20-25 even-sized tots and transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until tots are golden brown, flipping each halfway through.
- Serve with your choice of dipping sauce.