82% would make again
Cheesy Baked Hash Brown Patties
featured in Fulfilling Homemade Potato Recipes
for 9 servings
- 4 red potatoes
- ½ cup butter (115 g), melted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (100 g)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup fresh chives (10 g), chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Calories 217
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 13g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Peel and grate the potatoes.
- Drop shredded potatoes into a large bowl of ice water to remove surface starch.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200˚C).
- Strain or squeeze potato shreds and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add butter, cheese, eggs, chives, garlic salt, oregano, and pepper in with the shredded potatoes. Mix together.
- Take a handful of the mixture and pack it on a baking sheet into desired hash brown shape.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm.