Zucchini Hash Browns
featured in 5 Amazing Zucchini Carb Swaps
Swap out traditional potatoes for zucchini in these crispy and flavorful hash browns, perfect for breakfast or brunch. Parmesean cheese adds both depth of flavor and a crispy, lacy edges.
May 04, 2023
92% would make again
for 6 servings
- 2 zucchinis
- salt, to taste
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (55 g), grated
- ⅓ cup fresh chives (15 g)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- Calories 60
- Fat 3g
- Carbs 2g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Using a box grater, grate the zucchini on the coarse side.
- Transfer the grated zucchini to a large bowl and sprinkle with salt. Mix the zucchini and set aside for 20 minutes while the salt draws moisture from the zucchini.
- Transfer the zucchini to a large kitchen towel and strain the excess liquid into a bowl.
- Place the zucchini back to the large bowl and toss in the chives, parmesan, oregano, garlic powder, black pepper, and egg, and mix until well combined.
- Portion the zucchini mixture into 6 even hash brown patties on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool the hash browns for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Serve with desired dipping sauce.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here