98% would make again
Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
featured in 30 Ways You've Never Eaten Chicken Before
Chicken fajita quesadillas are a flavorful and filling meal that can be made in under 30 minutes. They are filled with chicken, peppers, onions, and cheese, and can be served with salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.
May 15, 2023
for 4 servings
- 3 breasts chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 8 tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded cheese (220 g), mexican blend
- Calories 852
- Fat 37g
- Carbs 64g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 57g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Slice the chicken breasts into strips, about an inch apart, and coat with taco seasoning. In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil and cook chicken until no longer pink and slightly charred. Remove cooked chicken from the skillet.
- Heat another Tbsp. oil, add onion and garlic and cook for a couple minutes until it’s slightly translucent. Add the peppers, and cook slightly, then mix in the cooked chicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a clean pan, melt a bit of butter. Add a tortilla and move it around until it’s buttery. Add cheese, then fajita mixture, then more cheese, then top with another tortilla and pat it down.
- Flip the quesadilla over and cook the other side until it’s golden. Remove from pan and cut into quarters. Repeat these steps with the remaining tortillas.