99% would make again
Chicken Parm-Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
featured in 30 Ways You've Never Eaten Chicken Before
This low-carb dish features tender spaghetti squash topped with a rich tomato sauce, crispy chicken, and melty cheese.
May 05, 2023
for 2 servings
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 eggs, beaten
- italian bread crumb
- marinara sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- grated parmesan cheese
- italian seasoning, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- oil, for frying
- Calories 537
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 19g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 56g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- With a sharp knife, slice the squash in half. (If the squash is too tough - puncture in several places forming a dotted line around the squash. Microwave for 3-5 minutes to soften. Allow to cool before cutting in half - following the dotted line).
- Scoop out the seeds - brush with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast face down in a preheated oven at 375˚F (190˚C) for 35-40 minutes (until a fork can easily pierce the skin).
- Meanwhile - Slice the chicken breasts into strips. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place flour, beaten egg, and breadcrumbs into three separate bowls.
- Coat each strip with flour, then egg, and then roll in bread crumbs.
- Pour oil in a cast-iron skillet to come ¼ inch up the side. Heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Fry the chicken strips (in batches if necessary) until golden brown on all sides and cooked through. Transfer to paper towels and remove pan from heat.
- Once the squash has finished roasting - remove from the oven and let it set for a few minutes before turing over and pulling at it with a fork.
- Shred the inside of each squash, being careful not to poke through the skin.
- Pour marinara sauce over shredded squash. Top with chicken strips, then more marinara, and finish with mozzarella and parmesan cheese, and a pinch of Italian seasoning.
- Return to the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese has melted.