Baked Potato Wedges & Fish Sticks
These potato wedges are seasoned with a blend of spices that give them a savory kick, while the fish sticks are coated in breadcrumbs for a satisfying crunch. This meal is simple and satisfying for busy weeknights, and it's sure to please both kids and adults alike. Serve it up with your favorite dipping sauces, and enjoy!
for 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 large russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 2 cod fillets
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (50 g)
- tarter sauce, optional
- ketchup, optional
- Calories 448
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 75g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 24g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small bowl, combine all the paprika seasoning ingredients, stir.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, and cut each half into quarters lengthwise, making 16 total wedges.
- Place wedges in a bowl of water to remove the extra starch from the potatoes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Place wedges on a baking sheet and pour olive oil, 3 spoonfuls of the paprika seasoning, and parmesan over the potatoes.
- Using clean hands, mix together to coat potatoes, then arrange potatoes in rows, without overlapping, so they bake evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway, or until crispy.
- Cut cod fillet down the middle and into 3 to 4-inch (8-10 cm) long pieces. Some of the thicker pieces may need to be cut in half.
- Mix the paprika seasoning into the panko.
- Dredge each fish stick through the eggs, flour, back in the egg, and finally, panko. Place on a baking sheet
- Bake with the potato wedges for 15 minutes, flipping halfway, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here