90% would make again
Chicken Teriyaki Crispy Noodle Bowl
featured in Tasty Noodle Recipes
Savor the delightful fusion of flavors in this Chicken Teriyaki Crispy Noodle Bowl that'll have you craving seconds. With tender chicken, crunchy noodles, and a mouthwatering teriyaki sauce, this dish is a weeknight winner!
May 05, 2023
for 2 servings
- ½ cup soy sauce (120 mL)
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar (60 mL)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oil, plus more for frying
- 4 oz vermicelli rice noodle (115 g)
- 1 ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (680 g), cut into 1 inch (2 cm) pieces
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cups snap peas (150 g), blanched
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Calories 837
- Fat 26g
- Carbs 86g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 29g
- Protein 66g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, add the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and cornstarch. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or large skillet with 3 inches (7 cm) of oil to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Pull the rice noodles apart into eight portions.
- Place one portion of noodles on a slotted spoon and carefully dip into the oil. The noodles will immediately fry. Once puffed up, remove the noodles and transfer to a wire rack to drain. Repeat with the remaining noodles.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a wok or large skillet with 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the teriyaki sauce to the chicken and bring to a boil. Cook until the sauce has reduced by one third and the chicken is fully coated.
- Serve the chicken over the rice noodles with snap peas, radish slices, scallions, cilantro, and sesame seeds.