79% would make again
Chickpea Cauliflower Burger
featured in Easy Veggie Burgers
for 6 servings
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup red lentils (170 g), cooked
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaf (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon Frank's Red Hot Original Sauce
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs (50 g)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (120 g)
- 2 tablespoons Frank's Red Hot Original
- brioche bun
- red onion, sliced
- small tomato slice
- avocado, sliced
- green leaf lettuce
- Calories 351
- Fat 16g
- Carbs 40g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 12g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Burger: Preheat oven to 425ºF. Spread cauliflower florets on a sheet tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toss to combine. Roast for 20–25 minutes, until golden brown and tender. Let cool.
- Combine cauliflower, chickpeas, red lentils, parsley, Frank’s Red Hot Original, lemon zest, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Process until everything is broken down and combined. (You will need to scrape down the sides and mix ingredients together with a spatula in between pulses.) Transfer to a bowl and stir in panko bread crumbs. Chill mixture for at least 30 minutes.
- Once mixture is chilled, shape into patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add in a generous drizzle of vegetable oil. Add in patties and cook until browned, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until browned, about 3 minutes more. Remove from pan.
- Spicy Aioli: Whisk together mayonnaise and Frank’s Red Hot Original.
- Assembly: Spread aioli on bottom bun. Place a veggie burger patty on the bun. Layer on the red onion slice, tomato slice, a few avocado slices, and lettuce. Add the top bun.