94% would make again
Chipotle Chicken Burritos
featured in Hardwood Smoked Meals 2 Ways
Spice up your dinner game with these mouthwatering Chipotle Chicken Burritos! Packed with tender chicken, zesty chipotle sauce, and all your favorite burrito fillings, this recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
May 05, 2023
for 4 burritos
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 package Kroger® Hardwood Smoked Pulled Chicken
- 3 cups rice (600 g), cooked
- 1 lime, zested
- ½ lime, juiced
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro (15 g), chopped
- 4 flour tortillas, burrito-sized
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese (100 g), shredded
- ⅓ cup pico de gallo (65 g)
- ½ oz avocado (115 g), diced
- ⅓ cup sour cream (80 g)
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Add the tomatoes, chipotle pepper, cumin, garlic powder, and salt to a blender. Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a medium skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then add the Kroger® Hardwood Smoked Pulled Chicken. Toss to coat the chicken in the sauce. Cover and cook until the chicken is heated through, 5–6 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the rice, lime zest and juice, and cilantro.
- Assemble burritos: Place a tortilla on a work surface. Scoop about ¾ cup of the rice onto the lower third of the tortilla. Top with ¼ of the chicken, ¼ cup Monterey Jack cheese, a scoop of pico de gallo, some avocado, and a scoop of sour cream. Fold the bottom edge of the tortilla over the filling, fold in the sides, then continue rolling the burrito up. Slice in half on the diagonal. Repeat to make the remaining burritos.