86% would make again
Chocolate Hazelnut Churros by Tasty Miam
featured in 10 Homemade Churro Recipes
These chocolate hazelnut churros are a decadent treat that will satisfy any sweet tooth. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, these churros are filled with a luscious chocolate hazelnut filling.
May 05, 2023
for 8 churros
- 1 cup warm water (240 mL)
- 2 teaspoons sugar, plus extra for coating
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, or rapeseed oil
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- 2 eggs
- cinnamon, for coating
- chocolate hazelnut spread, for filling
- oil, for frying
- Calories 149
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 14g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a saucepan, combine water, sugar and canola (or rapeseed) oil. Bring to a boil then remove from heat.
- Add the flour and stir vigorously until mixture forms a smooth paste. (Make sure you beat out all bubbles.)
- Add the eggs and stir until mixture becomes smooth.
- Spoon the dough into a piping bag with a star-shaped tip.
- NOTE: Really push the mixture down in the bag to eliminate air bubbles!
- Pipe strips onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in freezer for 45 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large pot to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Fry the churros until golden brown, then drain on paper towels.
- Using a straw, poke a hole through each churro to create room for the filling.
- Immediately sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon and sugar.
- Spoon chocolate hazelnut spread into a piping bag.
- Pipe filling into churros.