93% would make again
Chocolate Pretzel Crust Pie
featured in Chocolate & Pretzel 4 Ways
for 8 servings
- 5 cups pretzel (600 g), crushed
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (75 g)
Chocolate Pie Filling
- ¼ cup cornstarch (30 g)
- 1 ½ cups sugar (300 g)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 cups milk (720 mL)
- 7 oz bittersweet chocolate (200 g), chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Calories 611
- Fat 29g
- Carbs 80g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 39g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Combine pretzels, butter, and brown sugar. Press mixture into pie pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Let cool to room temperature.
- Whisk cornstarch, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Mix in egg yolks and milk, and heat mixture on medium heat. Gently mix for about 6 minutes or until the mixture thickens like a pudding.
- Once thick, take the mixture off the heat and immediately add your chocolate, vanilla, butter, and lemon juice.
- Mix until ingredients are incorporated into a smooth pudding texture.
- Pour filling into the cooled crust and smooth with a spatula as desired. (Any extra filling can be saved in cups and eaten immediately, or chilled for pudding cups.)
- Let the pie chill in the fridge uncovered for at least 4 hours.