Chocolate Pretzel Crust Pie
Satisfy your sweet and salty cravings with this delectable Chocolate Pretzel Crust Pie. A crunchy pretzel crust is filled with a rich chocolate ganache, creating a heavenly dessert that's perfect for any occasion.
for 8 servings
- 5 cups pretzel (600 g), crushed
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (75 g)
Chocolate Pie Filling
- ¼ cup cornstarch (30 g)
- 1 ½ cups sugar (300 g)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 cups milk (720 mL)
- 7 oz bittersweet chocolate (200 g), chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine pretzels, butter, and brown sugar. Press mixture into pie pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Let cool to room temperature.
- Whisk cornstarch, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Mix in egg yolks and milk, and heat mixture on medium heat. Gently mix for about 6 minutes or until the mixture thickens like a pudding.
- Once thick, take the mixture off the heat and immediately add your chocolate, vanilla, butter, and lemon juice.
- Mix until ingredients are incorporated into a smooth pudding texture.
- Pour filling into the cooled crust and smooth with a spatula as desired. (Any extra filling can be saved in cups and eaten immediately, or chilled for pudding cups.)
- Let the pie chill in the fridge uncovered for at least 4 hours.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.