93% would make again
Chorizo Pull Apart Bread
featured in Pull-Apart Dishes
for 6 servings
- ½ lb ground chorizo (225 g)
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus more for the skillet
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups grated manchego cheese (220 g)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- fine sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb prepared pizza dough (455 g), chilled and cut into 1 1/2 inch (4 cm) pieces
- Calories 642
- Fat 42g
- Carbs 35g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 28g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté the chorizo until cooked through for about 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chorizo to a paper towel-lined plate and add the butter to the pan.
- When the butter is melted, turn off the heat and whisk in the paprika.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cheese, garlic, chives, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll the pizza dough pieces into balls.
- Dip each ball in the chorizo butter and toss in the cheese mixture to coat.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch (23 cm) cast iron skillet and add the balls and chorizo to the pan. Cover with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel and set aside to rise in a warm, draft-free space for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190˚C).
- Bake the bread until golden and bubbling for 30 to 35 minutes.