Citrus And Winter Greens Salad
This salad is a burst of freshness in the midst of winter! With a medley of vibrant citrus fruits, crisp winter greens, and a tangy vinaigrette, it's a salad that'll brighten up your plate and your taste buds. Packed with flavor and packed with nutrition, it's a winner all year round!
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley (10 g)
- ¼ cup chopped scallions (25 g)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar (60 mL)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup orange juice (60 mL), reserved from supreming oranges, if desired
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- kosher salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups thinly sliced Tuscan kale (300 g), packed
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage (100 g)
- 1 large fuji apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced Brussels sprouts (115 g)
- 3 oranges, supremed
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas (30 g)
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds (20 g)
- Calories 336
- Fat 12g
- Carbs 55g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 40g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the dressing: Add the garlic, parsley, scallions, apple cider vinegar, honey, orange juice, Dijon mustard, tahini, and salt to a blender. Blend until smooth. With the blender running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the dressing is easily pourable. Set aside until ready to use.
- 15 minutes prior to serving the salad, add the kale to a large bowl and season with salt. Gently massage with your hands to break down the tough fibers and reduce bitterness.
- Add the red cabbage, apple, Brussels sprouts, orange segments, pepitas, and pomegranate seeds. Toss well to combine. Divide between serving bowls or plates and drizzle with dressing to taste.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.