Apple Farro Salad
This hearty apple farro salad taste like fall. The warm farro mixed with the crisp apple makes a perfect pairing and would be a great addition to any holiday meal. It also makes a great easy-to-pack lunch.
for 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup canola oil (60 mL)
- 3 cups farro (600 g), cooked
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup toasted hazelnuts (75 g), roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh mint leaves (15 g), torn
- 2 medium honeycrisp apples, thinly sliced
- 4 oz goat cheese (130 g), crumbled
- Calories 818
- Fat 33g
- Carbs 121g
- Fiber 21g
- Sugar 20g
- Protein 21g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and lemon juice. Starting with a few drops and steadily increasing the stream, slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking continuously, until the dressing is thickened and emulsified.
- Make the salad: Add the farro, salt , and black pepper to a large bowl. Pour in 3 tablespoons of the dressing, then toss to coat. Add the hazelnuts, mint, apples, and goat cheese and toss to combine. Season to taste with more salt and pepper.
- Serve the salad with the remaining dressing alongside.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.