Tasty’s Purple Goddess
Let’s make the viral TikTok green goddess salad, but purple! With additions like purple kale and purple cabbage, this salad has all of the elements to make a delicious and colorful meal!
for 4 servings
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup persian cucumber (110 g), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- ½ small head purple cabbage, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chives (10 g), thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- blue corn tortilla chip, for serving
- 6 oz red beet (175 g), peeled and roasted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small shallot, quartered
- ½ cup blackberry (75 g), fresh or frozen
- ½ cup fresh basil leaf (20 g), preferable opal basil
- ½ cup purple kale leaves (20 g), packed
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast (30 g)
- ⅓ cup lemon (80 mL), juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cashews, or pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- water, as needed
- Calories 189
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 25g
- Fiber 32g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the salad: Add the scallions, cucumbers, dill, cabbage, red onion, chives, and salt to a large bowl and toss to combine. Let sit for 5–10 minutes while you make the dressing.
- In a blender, combine the beets, garlic, shallot, blackberries, basil, kale, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, olive oil, cashews, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, and 1 teaspoon salt. Blend until completely smooth, then add more vinegar and salt to taste. Add 1–2 tablespoons of water as needed to loosen the dressing to your desired consistency.
- Pour about half of the dressing over the salad and toss until evenly coated. Add more dressing as needed.
- Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and top with more chives and dill, if desired. Serve immediately with the remaining dressing and blue corn chips alongside. The salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.