Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken
featured in 6 Easy Gourmet Date Nights
This juicy chicken is pan-seared to perfection and smothered in a rich and tangy lemon garlic cream sauce that will have you coming back for seconds.
May 14, 2023
90% would make again
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 cup chicken broth (235 mL)
- ½ cup greek yogurt (120 g)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 6 oz spinach (170 g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat.
- Liberally season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper before transferring to the hot skillet.
- Sear the chicken 2-3 minutes per side, just until it develops a golden-brown color.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Allow the pan to cool slightly before heating the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Toss in the garlic and sautée until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the chicken broth, yogurt, lemon juice, and oregano and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Let the mixture reduce for a few minutes until it has thickened.
- Pour in the spinach and sprinkle over another pinch of salt. Let the greens wilt down, stirring occasionally.
- Place the chicken breasts back into the pan and transfer the pan to the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve chicken on a bed of the wilted spinach and top with a drizzle of the creamy sauce.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.