40-clove Garlic Chicken
This flavorful chicken recipe is packed with 40 cloves of garlic, roasted to perfection and combined with fragrant herbs and spices to create a mouthwatering dish that will fill your kitchen with irresistible aromas.
for 4 servings
- 4 chicken thighs
- salt, to season
- pepper, to season
- mixed herb, to season
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 40 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- ½ cup dry vermouth (120 mL), or white wine
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- ¾ cup chicken stock (180 mL)
- Calories 269
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 10g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 33g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Season the chicken with the salt, pepper and mixed herbs. Set aside.
- Heat some oil in a large pan and sear the chicken for about 10-15 minutes evenly on each side, until golden brown.
- Take the chicken out and set aside.
- Add the shallots and cook down in the remaining juices for about 5 minutes over a low-medium heat.
- Add the garlic cloves and gently cook them for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the vermouth or white wine and gently cook so that it reduces slightly.
- Add the chicken, parsley sprigs and tarragon, followed by the chicken stock.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with crusty bread and vegetables of your choice.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.