97% would make again
Meal Prep Chicken Burrito Bowls
featured in 5 Easy & Healthy Meal Prep Recipes
for 4 serving
- 2 large, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 15 oz black beans (395 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 16 oz medium chunky salsa (455 g), 1 jar
- 1 cup brown rice (200 g), cooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bundle green onion, sliced, for garnish
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Calories 525
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 76g
- Fiber 12g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 36g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Toss in the onion with a pinch of salt and sauté until the onions have softened, about 3 minutes.
- Move the onions to the sides of the pan to create an open space in the middle. Add the cubed chicken into the center of the pan, season with salt and pepper, and sauté until the chicken has cooked almost all the way through.
- Add the garlic and mix until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour over salsa, black beans, and rice, and mix until everything in the pan is evenly combined.
- Let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Divide the mixture equally into 4-6 bowls and sprinkle over some thinly sliced green onions.