96% would make again
Lemon Chicken & Spaghetti Squash
featured in The Best Fall Squash Recipes
for 4 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash
- olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1-2 in (2-5 cm) pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cherry tomato (600 g), halved
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 cup chicken broth (240 mL)
- 8 oz baby spinach (225 g)
- Calories 489
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 40g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 14g
- Protein 28g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Poke several holes in the spaghetti squash around the lengthwise center of the squash. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Cut the squash in half along the holes. Remove the seeds and pulp with a spoon. Drizzle the squash with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the squash cut-side down on baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, until tender. Let cool.
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken breast and cook for 6-8 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add a bit more oil and the onion and sauté for a few minutes, until starting to brown. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the salt, pepper, and tomatoes and cook for a couple minutes, until the tomatoes start to release their juices.
- Add the lemon juice and chicken broth and cook until the liquid reduces by about half, 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes, then add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes, until wilted. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Using 2 forks, shred the spaghetti squash and scoop out onto serving plates.
- Pour the sauce over the squash. Serve immediately.