91% would make again
One-Pot Butternut Squash Pilaf
featured in One-Pot Vegan Dinners
Inspired by marthastewart.com
for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 ½ cups arborio rice (345 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- ½ cup dry white wine (120 mL)
- 4 cups butternut squash (820 g), cubed
- 4 cups vegetable broth (945 mL)
- fresh parsley, chopped, to serve
- Calories 1143
- Fat 68g
- Carbs 116g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 21g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- To prep cut off both ends of the butternut squash and poke 10-15 air vents with a fork. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes.
- Peel the skin off of the squash. The skin should peel right off! Once peeled, cut into 1x1-inch (2x2-cm) cubes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large dutch oven or oven-safe pot, sauté onion in olive oil for 3-4 minutes or until semi-translucent. Add garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add the thyme and cook for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add arborio rice and sauté until lightly toasted, then stir in salt, pepper and white wine.
- Stir in butternut squash and and vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover pot and transfer to oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately