One-pan Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
Wake up to a vibrant and nutritious start with this One-Pan Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash! It's a delightful medley of sweet potatoes, bell peppers, and onions, all cooked to perfection and topped with a sunny-side-up egg for a hearty and satisfying meal.
for 4 servings
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 jalapeño, optional
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 4 eggs
- Calories 202
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 19g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Dice the sweet potato
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the diced sweet potato, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until it begins to soften.
- While the sweet potato cooks, dice the red onion and mince the garlic. Add to the skillet.
- Dice and seed the bell peppers and add to the skillet.
- Dice the jalapeño, if using, and add.
- Chop the green onion and rosemary, if using fresh, and add to skillet. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Create 4 wells in the vegetable mixture, not too close to the edges of the skillet, but far enough apart that they aren't touching. Crack 1 egg into each well. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes more, or the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Breakfast is served!
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.