for 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 28 oz crushed tomato (795 g)
- 6 cups vegetable broth (1.4 L)
- ⅓ cup green lentil (50 g), rinsed
- 8 oz lasagna noodle (225 g), uncooked
- 3 cups spinach (120 g)
- fresh basil, cut chiffonade, for serving
- Calories 1049
- Fat 64g
- Carbs 87g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 24g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, until semi-translucent.
- Add the garlic, tomato paste, basil, and oregano, and cook for 2-3 more minutes, or until the onions are translucent and herbs are fragrant.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth, and lentils, and bring to a boil. Increase heat to medium-high and cook for 10 minutes or until lentils are halfway tender.
- Break apart the lasagna noodles into about 2-inch-long (5-cm) pieces and add to the pot. Let the soup cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente and the lentils are tender.
- Stir in the spinach and let wilt, then serve immediately.