Mushroom, Spinach & Sausage Spaghetti
featured in 4 Hearty Fall Pastas
This savory spaghetti dish is packed with flavors of mushroom, spinach, and sausage. It's quick and easy to make, perfect for a weeknight dinner.
May 14, 2023
96% would make again
for 4 serving
- 2 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 lb Italian sausage (455 g), casing removed
- 1 ½ teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz mushroom blend (285 g), sliced
- ½ cup dry white wine (120 mL)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti (455 g), cooked
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (110 g)
- 1 cup pasta cooking water (240 mL), or chicken stock
- 5 oz fresh spinach (140 g)
- Calories 1155
- Fat 54g
- Carbs 107g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 58g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Sauté the bacon in a large pot over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes, until crispy.
- Add the sausage meat and red pepper flakes and sauté for about 10 minutes, until the meat is cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pot, sauté the onion over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes, until they start to release some of their liquid.
- Add the wine, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Cook for 7-8 minutes, until the wine has reduced by half and the mushrooms are tender.
- Add the spaghetti and sausage mixture and toss to combine.
- Add the Parmesan, pasta water, and spinach and stir. Cook until the pasta is warmed through and the Parmesan has melted.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.