93% would make again
for 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons pork skin, chopped, plus 2 tablespoons, crumbled, for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- ¼ stalk celery, chopped
- ¼ carrot, chopped
- ½ cup lechon (50 g), shredded
- ¼ cup longanisa (35 g), chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups bihon noodle (200 g), soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
- 1 cup lechon dripping (240 mL)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup crispy chicharrón (55 g), for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Calories 835
- Fat 29g
- Carbs 106g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 31g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a wok or heavy-bottomed skillet, heat the oil over high heat until shimmering.
- Add the chopped pork skin and cook until crisp, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook until slightly browned, but not burnt, about 2 minutes.
- Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the celery and carrot, and sauté for 2 minutes more, until tender.
- Add the lechon, longanisa, and soy sauce, and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until liquid is fully absorbed.
- Add the noodles and lechon drippings, and cook until the liquid has been absorbed, 2-3 minutes. Season with the salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Serve the pancit lechon in bowls, garnished with the crumbled pork skin, chicharrón, and chives.