97% would make again
Hearty Vegetable Stew
featured in Hearty Stews That Will Fill You Up
Warm up on a chilly evening with this comforting Hearty Vegetable Stew. Loaded with nutritious vegetables and simmered in a flavorful broth, this dish is a perfect way to get your daily dose of veggies.
May 05, 2023
for 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 oz baby bella mushroom (275 g), quartered
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup flour (30 g)
- ¾ cup dry red wine (180 mL)
- 4 cups red potato (900 g), diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth (960 mL)
- 2 leaves bay leaf
- Calories 762
- Fat 45g
- Carbs 74g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 16g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes, or until most of their juices have been released.
- Add the onions, carrots, and celery, and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until onions are semi-translucent.
- Add the garlic, rosemary, thyme, pepper, tomato paste, and soy sauce, and cook for 2-3 more minutes, until the herbs are fragrant.
- Add the flour and stir until fully incorporated. Add the wine and stir until mostly absorbed.
- Add the potatoes, vegetable broth, and bay leaves, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and the stew has thickened.
- Remove the bay leaves.