97% would make again
Chickpea Sweet Potato Stew
featured in Hearty Stews That Will Fill You Up
This Chickpea Sweet Potato Stew is a flavorful and satisfying vegan dish that is perfect for meal prep or a quick weeknight dinner. Loaded with protein and fiber from chickpeas and sweet potatoes, this stew will keep you full and satisfied.
May 05, 2023
for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried coriander
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- 15 oz chickpeas (425 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups sweet potato (400 g), peeled and diced
- 15 oz fire roasted crushed tomato (425 g), 1 can
- 3 cups vegetable broth (720 mL)
- 5 oz fresh spinach (140 g)
- Calories 1023
- Fat 56g
- Carbs 107g
- Fiber 14g
- Sugar 33g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In large pot or Dutch oven, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the onion is semi-translucent.
- Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for 2-3 more minutes, until fragrant. Then add the sweet paprika, cumin, coriander, and cayenne and cook for 2 more minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the chickpeas, sweet potatoes, crushed tomatoes, and vegetable broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Serve immediately.