96% would make again
Easy-Peasy Potato Curry
featured in One-Pot Vegetarian Meals
Inspired by recipetineats.com
for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lb potato (905 g), peeled and cubed
- 15 oz chickpeas (425 g), 1 can, drained
- 1 cup vegetable broth (240 mL)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 14 oz diced tomato (395 g), 1 can
- 14 oz coconut milk (415 mL), 1 can
- rice, cooked, for serving
- naan bread, for serving
- fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Calories 894
- Fat 46g
- Carbs 104g
- Fiber 17g
- Sugar 17g
- Protein 18g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion and saute for about 3 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute for about 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the curry powder, paprika, cayenne, cumin, allspice, ginger, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the potatoes and mix well until well-coated in spices.
- Add the chickpeas and stir to incorporate.
- Add the broth, lemon juice, and tomatoes and stir, then pour in the coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a simmer. Once bubbling, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Serve with cooked rice and naan and garnish with fresh cilantro.