Coconut Curry Shrimp
The next time you want to impress your date, try this simple yet elegant shrimp curry. It’s creamy and tangy, with the perfect hint of spice.
for 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk (120 mL)
- 1 ½ teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon maggi, (chicken bouillon powder)
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp (445 g), peeled and deveined
- brown rice, for serving
- fresh cilantro leaf, for garnish
- Calories 558
- Fat 26g
- Carbs 31g
- Fiber 30g
- Sugar 14g
- Protein 51g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until starting to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and the red and green bell peppers. Cook until slightly softened, 3–4 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, lemon juice, pepper, salt, sugar, curry powder, and maggi and mix well. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, until the flavors start to meld together.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 3–4 minutes, until pink and opaque.
- Serve the curry with brown rice and garnish with cilantro.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.