90% would make again
Creamy Vegan “Cheesy” Broccoli Soup
featured in Recipes To Help You Cut Back On Dairy
Inspired by staceyhomemaker.com
for 10 servings
- ½ cup cashews (65 g), soaked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- 6 cups vegetable broth (1.4 L), divided
- ½ cup nutritional yeast (70 g)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head broccoli, florets roasted or steamed
- Calories 573
- Fat 40g
- Carbs 43g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small bowl, soak the cashews in water for 1 hour.
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and stir until translucent.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, garlic, and salt, and stir. Add 2 cups (480 ml) of vegetable broth, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Set the soup aside and rinse out blender. Add the remaining 4 cups of vegetable broth, the soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, paprika, and pepper, and blend until smooth.
- Combine the cashew mixture and “cheese” mixture in the soup pan and stir.
- Add the broccoli and stir to combine.