87% would make again
Homemade Cashew "Cheese"
featured in 6 Dips For Your Next Game Night
Inspired by kyongcw.com
for 12 slices
- 2 cups raw cashew (260 g)
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 ½ cups water (600 mL)
- 3 tablespoons agar-agar flakes
- Calories 93
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 5g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a blender, combine the cashews, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and 1 cup (240 ml) of water. Blend for 1 minute, until very smooth.
- In a small pot, bring the remaining water to a boil over medium heat.
- Slowly add the agar-agar flakes while whisking continuously. Continue to whisk the mixture until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool until the steam evaporates, then add to the blender with the other ingredients.
- Blend for 1 minute, until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a medium bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until thickened.
- When ready to serve, invert the cashew cheese onto a plate. Slice or mash into cashew cheese spread and serve.