for 12 servings
- 4 cups fresh spinach (160 g), packed
- ½ cup fresh parsley (15 g)
- 2 ½ cups milk (600 g), divided
- 5 qt water (4 ¾ L)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 lb elbow macaroni (455 g)
- ¼ cup butter (60 g)
- ¼ cup flour (30 g)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb white cheddar cheese (455 g)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (55 g)
- Calories 373
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 34g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 18g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a food processor, combine the spinach, parsley, and ½ cup (120 ml) milk, and process until evenly mixed.
- In a large pot, bring water and 1 tbsp salt to a boil over high heat. Add the elbows and cook until al dente, roughly 6-7 minutes. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- In a large pot, combine the butter and flour on medium-high heat, and stir until the mixture has become golden brown.
- Add 2 cups (470 ml) milk, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, pepper, and salt to the pot and stir until well incorporated.
- Add in the cheddar cheese and mix until well incorporated.
- Add in the spinach mixture and stir until fully incorporated and the green color is consistent.
- Mix in the pasta and pour into a casserole dish.
- Top the macaroni with mozzarella and broil for 5 minutes.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.