80% would make again
Vegan Chocolate Mousse
featured in Unexpected Cooking Techniques
for 3 servings
- 1 can chickpeas, Liquid from 1 can, aquafaba
- ½ cup sugar (100 g), organic, or vegan
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup dark vegan chocolate (115 g), melted and cooled slightly
- fresh strawberry , for serving
- Calories 445
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 70g
- Fiber 12g
- Sugar 37g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, beat the aquafaba with a hand mixer until foamy.
- Add the sugar and continue to beat until medium peaks form.
- Add the vanilla and lemon juice and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Combine with melted chocolate.
- Distribute the mousse into 3 cups (720 g) and chill for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Garnish with strawberries or fruit of choice.