Tiramisu Chocolate Mousse
A decadent and indulgent dessert that combines two classic desserts into one heavenly dish. The creamy chocolate mousse and chocolate cookie crumbles are sure to impress and satisfy any sweet tooth.
for 8 servings
- 36 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons espresso, brewed, cold
- 1 tablespoon rum, cold
- ⅓ cup water (80 mL), boiling
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate powder (80 g)
- 2 cups heavy cream (480 mL), cold
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 oz whipping cream (225 mL)
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese (225 g)
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Calories 619
- Fat 52g
- Carbs 42g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 31g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Crush cookies in a bag and set aside.
- Mix cold espresso and rum in a small bowl. Mix in gelatin and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Mix sugar and cocoa in large bowl.
- Add whipping cream and vanilla. With an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until stiff.
- Pour in gelatin mixture and beat until well-blended.
- Add ½-inch (1.5 cm) layers of crushed cookies to dessert dishes, then scoop mousse into dishes and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- While mousse is chilling, whip cream in a cold bowl until soft peaks form. Add mascarpone and powdered sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop a dollop of whipped cream on top of the mousse and sprinkle with extra cocoa powder.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.