94% would make again
Tiramisu Chocolate Mousse
for 8 servings
- 36 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons espresso, brewed, cold
- 1 tablespoon rum, cold
- ⅓ cup water (80 mL), boiling
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate powder (80 g)
- 2 cups heavy cream (480 mL), cold
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 oz whipping cream (225 mL)
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese (225 g)
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Calories 619
- Fat 52g
- Carbs 42g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 31g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Crush cookies in a bag and set aside.
- Mix cold espresso and rum in a small bowl. Mix in gelatin and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Mix sugar and cocoa in large bowl.
- Add whipping cream and vanilla. With an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until stiff.
- Pour in gelatin mixture and beat until well-blended.
- Add ½-inch (1.5 cm) layers of crushed cookies to dessert dishes, then scoop mousse into dishes and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- While mousse is chilling, whip cream in a cold bowl until soft peaks form. Add mascarpone and powdered sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop a dollop of whipped cream on top of the mousse and sprinkle with extra cocoa powder.